Sunday, December 16, 2007

the concert

Last night was my first concert since Great Big Sea in university. We were in the upper deck, and funny enough, at the back of the building where I saw my first Canucks game live. Hedley opened and they were pretty good. I confess that I didn't know all of their songs, but I knew three, not bad.

And then we found ourselves inside the church of bon jovi with 17,000 singing strong. It was amazing! They played for nearly three hours and had multiple encores. The old stuff was great - Living on Prayer, Wanted dead or alive, Bad Medicine. I would have liked to hear Bed of Roses - but they had to leave some new stuff for tonight, as they are rocking out again tonight in Vancouver - and hear there are still tickets... definitely worth it and if I'd had an idea they were going to be that good I would have paid more and been closer.

We've cut our trip short, so we will be back in Quesnel on Tuesday night now. Headed to the aquarium on Monday and doing a couple of other things - today is pretty low key - a little shopping and work this morning and then back to Richmond to cook turkey dinner. I hope everyone is taking it easy and not getting beat up in a mall with masses trying to buy gifts. Take a minute for yourself - remember the reason you are buying gifts is because you love the people you are buying for and how much they love you and maybe that will help you see that maybe a gift isn't what you needed to buy for them... will they remember the money you spent on them or the way you spent your time together.

And I finished Potter! Record time for me. Should you read it? Well if you've read all the others I'd be surprised if you haven't already - I'm old and taking too long to read anything these days. Read them, enjoy the story and pass them on to children who will enjoy the growth of characters over 7 years and who will greatly appreciate them. Ok - off to do some work before we had to the mall.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi April!

We received your card. What a great picture of the boys!

As to the other, thank you! It really wasn't necessary, I enjoyed doing it. I will make sure they're put to good use, as soon as I'm done the novel I'm currently reading. Like you, it takes me forever to read a book these days. I recall a time when a book like the one I'm reading (one of the books in the NEVERENDING Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan) would have taken me a week if I was extremely busy. I've had it in my possession since August and I'm not even half way through. :)

Glad you enjoyed the concert!

Take care,
Jen.