Tuesday, February 19, 2008

a week

Was I hit by lightning? No. I guess I just didn't have much to share.

We had a great weekend. I took the boys to Nazko to enjoy the snow. It's funny that the snow out there is different from the snow in town. When I was a kid we used to make forts and talk about the diamonds we'd find because the snow glimmered and shined. We'd have diamond mines, akin to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I don't think I've seen snow like that until this past weekend. My parents have their potatoes and carrots in storage under the snow (2 layers of tarps, hay, dirt), plus 4 ft of snow.... so we (ok my dad dug it out and I dug out the path from the road to the storage area) dug it out and while this was going on the boys dug around and played and it just caught my eye, the diamonds glittering in the sun. It just made me feel young and alive. It was great.

After that I thought I'd get out and enjoy the beautiful day a bit more (we went sled riding for about an hour before the potato dig) and took my dads cross country skis and went for a 90 minute ski. I haven't been skiing since before Kyle was born and it was awesome.

I've got a small head cold, but I'm hoping it will depart soon. Kids are good - Michael it seems is coming to the end of his cold and Kyle is doing pretty well. No coughing through the night. Andy's busy working in Wells, a lot. So we don't see him much, but we will see what his schedule is like for next month. It feels like spring is coming, but I'm think we've got a ways to go... I say spring and its -7 right now... but that really feels warm compared to this winter. I don't mind if it snows a bit more though - I wouldn't mind getting out to do another couple skis before the thaw is fully here.

Ok - I'm going to rest and read.

Question of the night - what are the top three things you've done in BC as a tourist? what are three things you'd like to see?
me... I love Prince Rupert - Cow Bay is awesome!, that's #1, I love Granville Island - as everyone knows, that's #2 and then Toe Hill on Queen Charlotte - I feel in love with the island - well I've never been to the Peace so I'm thinking a trip to Dawson Creek/Ft St John is overdue, I'd like to go back to Queen Charlotte with family and really take it in, and probably nelson/cranbrook because I've heard great things, but have never beeen... ok one more - I'd like to go to Stewart for the grizzly viewing.

No comments: