Thursday, November 23, 2006

to do list

For those of you counting it is now 30 days until Christmas. Kyle is counting the seconds to Santa's arrival. I'm not really doing much of anything for Christmas this year, specifically in the present department. We've decided to keep it pretty light on the gifts and try to focus more about family... or that is what I'm telling myself anyway. We will get a few things for the boys, but that is about it - well except for a few homemade treats/surprises... which brings me to my to do list.

I've been told that I'm to stay away from work in December.... great - so that means that I have a lot of time to finish all my scrapbooking and my powerpoint gift for my grandma. I'm also working on a story book about my grandma who passed away. Paula showed me a scrapbook her friend did when her mom passed away and I want to do something similar, while also capturing some of the stories we have for my grandma. For my family reading - if you have anything - a short recollection or even something long winded - your stories help us all remember and I don't won't those pieces to be lost. Please share them - email me at aakcheng@gmail.com

Today was a rough day on that front. I had to proof my grandma's obituary. I nearly started crying in the newspaper office, but held it together... I'm trying to not let the pain of it all get to me. I manage to squeak in some of ER and found myself pretty upset over the woman in the bus telling Lockheart about her son... I guess there will always be triggers.

As you can see by my little temperature on your left, it is DAMN cold in Quesnel. I'm freezing... I'm going to finish this up and get to bed. I just want to be cuddled and fall asleep in the arms of my beautiful husband. Good night friends and countrymen - thank you for lending your ear. :)

Note to Paula - to post all you have to do is make an account - user name and password - why am I mentioning this - well I was wondering if the temperature thing you gave me is broken or if they just don't work in negative temperatures....

2 comments:

Carmen said...

April - I am alive!! The table was probably registered under my friend Cathie's name... I didn't see you - what time did you stop by??? I am so sorry I missed you!!

the author said...

Holy crud - I can't believe we missed you! We really really looked for you... we were there from 11:30 to 12:30 on Saturday. Did you have wooden cut outs with Believe written on them - across from a guy with antler art? I only saw one booth that was selling cards and I knew that they weren't yours.

I'm glad you are alive! So are you taking orders on the ornaments... I saw the wooden circles with the stamps on them - I was thinking of getting some of those. Let me know - I can pay through your donation site or just paypal you.