Monday, September 17, 2007

good evening





A little Cariboo wildlife... no moose sightings - one bear but he didn't want his photo taken.

Kyle is enjoying kindergarten and learning new things every day - good and bad :) The joys of other peoples children. I was waiting with Kyle for the school to open (there is a sign that says - parents must stay with kindergarteners until the school bell goes off... I'm apparently the only parent who can read...) so this other child comes up to kyle like he is going to fight - like he wants to fight kyle and makes this comment - kyle push me so i can punch you... GREAT - can you say home school? What the hell is wrong with people - who teaches their kids that! So needless to say I'm keeping my eye on that one...

Michael is adjusting to going to daycare without Kyle. They've never actually been in the same programs at daycare but they usually get to spend some of their day together. He gets quite upset about Kyle going to kindergarten - there are tears every day. I'm sure it will get better... he does like daycare now so that's a positive thing :) He is one of the big kids now and I think he likes that. His language skills are improving all the time - he is starting to do two word sentences... more often when he really wants something.

And now I need to do some work... lucky me :) nightie night

3 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

I think we crossed paths with that kid at the Wildlife Park in Kamloops. "Hey, you, let's play fight!" Trying to get a response from Quentin - who will cover his own eyes if there are guns or fighting appearing anywhere on a tv screen. I had to tell the kid no, as his parents were nowhere to be found.

the author said...

Yes - sounds similar - sad situation here - I know the dad and he is actually the complete reason I never went into acting like I wanted to - so this kid has two strikes against....

doodly doo doodly doo (wayne and garth style)
back in 1989
Tryouts for the Wizard of Oz
the dad of this young man and myself on stage - lion and dorothy scene and he screwed up over and over and over and as a result - because I couldn't save him the diretor told me we were both terrible - - so two tards...
Flash to me as a munchkin (at 5'6) because that's all I could get a part in... ARG!
doodly doo doodly doo

Should I still be mad about that nearly 20 years later... I just wish I'd done acting more - I went to a "fortune teller" in university and asked three questions... would i get married - yes, would i graduate from university - yes - but not when I should be, would i ever be part of films - not in front of the cameras- but somehow involved... still waiting on that.... ask a fortune teller three questions and those were them as a 1st year uni student.. terrible... why didn't i ask the lotto numbers... gees - can tell I wasn't a finance major :)

the author said...

oh I forgot to say in my flash back that I was told I was terrible in front the try out audience... Thanks Mr. Mobley - handing out confidence since 1989