Monday, October 01, 2007

october

T-minus 12 days to Kyle's 5th birthday. So what does that mean? Well it means that I'm nearly five years older and I can't believe. I can't believe that I was 25 when I had Kyle - it feels like it was hundreds of years ago and it also feels like it happened in a blink of an eye. I look at how big Kyle is and sometimes I can't even get my brain around it. Where did my 21" baby go? His arms are longer than that now. This Friday is his parent teacher interview - WHAT? I know - I can't believe it myself - that is a clear sign of how much time flies... I know I know - everyone always said that to you when you were young and you were like.... whatever old dude... now I'm the old dude and trying not to say anything about because then I will also be labelled the old dude and right now Kyle still says I'm young.. (PHEW).

What else? Well I'm swamped. Too much work. Too many projects. The one upside is that it is forcing me to say no and to teach people to do their own work. I'm actually leaving one board of directors and might be leaving another. This doesn't make me feel good, but it will free up some of my time and maybe then I will actually get to dedicate time to scrapbooking and the work that I enjoy...

Michael - well our little man is growing up fast. He enjoys everything Kyle does and right now is quite into dinosaurs (dinos), crocodiles (crocs) and dora. He has lots of words, not any real sentences yet. He blurts out a couple of words together when he really really wants something. He likes to eat, chase Kyle, hang out with Kyle... did I mention he likes Kyle. (dyle) My parents think he looks like my dad and he definitely has my dads attitude... I'm just glad his temper hasn't been too bad - when we were in Vancouver for Derek and Wendys wedding he lost it a few times and LOOK OUT!

Anyhow - there is a brief update.

Erks and whines...
Why do I some people pretend to listen and then later on - a day, a week, a month - they regirgitate the exact thing you said and claim it as their free thought! AAAHHHHHH! I'm hating that right now. Hating it!

No comments: