Saturday, July 04, 2009

a break

So I've been on holidays for a few days... I took off Thursday/Friday while Paula and then later, my aunt visited. Everyone packed up and left today... which was sad and the older I get the harder it is for me to not cry... my aunt picked up her two puppies last night on our trip to Nazko. We had a nice drive out and we got to see some bears, deer and even a moose... April's Cariboo Safari was in full motion - it was great... we even chased down a bear (a bit) so we could get a photo.

I managed to stop clenching my jaw over the last few days and now I sit here tonight wishing that I had another week off. I am going back to work as the acting executive director - that's the big news that I haven't been able to talk about. What does that mean? Well really it doesn't mean much - it is a title. It is exciting though - I've got a great staff right now and I'm excited about the direction the ship will go in for the next six months - as that is how long I will be "acting" in this position... and then we will see what happens.

After my best friend and favorite relative left today we went on our saturday garage sale and picked up a rock polisher, a new to us spider man car (Michael is sleeping with it), some pokemon books and a batman lego set... which sadly didn't have batman in it but it had the joker and some other cool stuff - so we spent a good part of the afternoon playing lego and building different batman airships and boats... I also spent some time reading the polishing manual and found out that it takes 11 (that's 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11...) DAYS to polish rocks... you leave this little rotating cup rotating for 11 days and at the end of the three different cycles you get pretty rocks - I gotta say I was a little bit more than shocked when I read the instructions - I mean - no wonder it isn't a popular item... I thought I was getting this great deal... I'll be giving it a try... I need to pick up a few supplies in order for it to work.

Well that is about it. I'm a wee-bit low tonight and I know I just need a good nights sleep... we'll see how that goes. I've been getting less than six hours a night and that never does anything good for me.

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

I'm a crier too. I was going to relay my story of the last time I cried (in front of everyone), but that was just validating mine, and ignoring yours.

The older we get, I think it's the more we know how little time there is for us and how precious what time we share is. Did that make sense? I should have been in bed hours ago, so I don't know.

Congratulations on the title. Yay, what fun!