Sunday, July 19, 2009

a little camping

So we went and spent the night at McLeese Lake Resort last night... unbeknownst to us a nice storm came through - so we ended up looking at each other for a few hours while the storm passed over. Tent trailer held up well - but it was freakin' cold. I know I'm getting old, but come on. Now I hear it is supposed to really get hot for the next few days - which I'm actually looking forward to... that's right - I just said I was looking forward to warm weather... insane!

The guys had a good time at the lake - despite the weather - found some snail shells - the only shells in northern BC (ok - Prince Rupert and Kitimat have some shells... ok - only shells in the Cariboo - happy...)

We are heading to Edmonton in two weeks. I haven't been there since I was 15 so if anyone knows what we should do there - outside of West Edmonton Mall - cause, yeh, I've heard about it - then please let me know 'cause I don't know what the hell we are going to do for five days there. I'm leaving the family behind on Aug 6 or 7th and heading to Dawson Creek for the Emperor's Challenge - and yes - that actually does make me insane... half marathon through the bush... I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Ok - onward and upwards, happy thoughts onboard :)

No comments: