Friday, July 24, 2009

gee willackers...

This month has been full of drama. My grandmother decided to move with her boyfriend and then things at the new place didn't work out - eg the place was a slum... so she decided to move... then after a few days she decided she needed to move back.. you guessed it now she decided to move away... and so tonight she is sleeping in my guest room upstairs. Now I actually didn't come on here tonight to complain about that - I actually think this is an important thing and believe that these are exactly the kinds of situations where families are meant to pull together - regardless of the retardness... (I know my word loving friends that isn't a word, pretend it is) And then tonight she goes to bed early - like right after dinner early... tired, hasn't slept in days/weeks - ok - night - even though it is SO DAMN hot upstairs that I'm actually working in my office... sad - but true... then gets up a couple hours later and then pretty much goes right back to sleep - or at least I think she is - for whatever reason I look down the hall and there on the counter in my guest room are her teeth in a bowl... yuck right... flash to me thinking about how that sucks and I don't want that and... oh it gets better - I see her hands and move out of the way thinking she is coming to the door... nope - she has spied (with her little eye) a pile of papers.. and she is making her way through it - looking at our old bills and crap, that is now part of the re-use pile of paper... - part of me wanted to open the door, but I would have bonked her in the head... I mean - what the flamin' toilet paper is that... thanks for letting me stay at your house and while I'm here I'm going to perform a full audit...

What it made me think - is what did she look through while I was out of the house all day... there are few items/things/papers that would be bad in the wrong hands... even in good hands... :)

What else - tomorrow is garage sale day at our house - I picked the hottest weekend of the summer to have a garage sale - fan-freakin-tastic..., my sister is here tomorrow - woohoo - ok - time to turn the water off - gotta get up at 6am to start setting up the garage sale... or earlier..

No comments: