Thursday, May 11, 2006

computers and sick kids

"It looks like you have a hard drive problem."

"Great. So what does that mean?"

"Well we should have a new hard drive for you in two weeks."

"Two weeks."

"Hope that's ok."

I'm supposed to be getting the files back today so that I load them somewhere else. My actually computer will not be repaired until after I get back from the island. I went to the office last night and grabbed the laptop because I knew that my email must be getting out of hand. Not that bad, only 324. I was expecting there to be near a thousand. So I'm not sure when I will get to load new photos. I have some on the digital now and I might try to load those up on other computer later today.

Kyle is still sick. He is on Advil, Tylenol and Biaxin. Once he is drugged up he is good but if we let the time run out on any of them he is back up in 39's for temperature, which brings on the joys of ranting, crying, raving and hallucination. He did pretty well last night until about 4am and then it just started to snowball. Michael got up and then Kyle and then it was back and forth until 7am. Then we were all up trying to get the day started. I'm sick but I think a lot of it is just being rundown from the sleep deprivation. The worst thing is that I can't seem to sleep when I want to. Last night I just couldn't get my eyes to shut and then when they finally did I woke up and decided that I was too sick to sleep in my bed and went and slept on the couch. So I did manage to get a couple of hours. I'm thankful for those.

I did manage to get some planting done last night. I bought some chrysanthumums (excuse the spelling), babies breath and a dark purple aster. I also planted some herbs. Hooray.

No comments: