Monday, May 08, 2006

rainbow



Sarah (Wyatt in the Dell)should immediately know where this photo is in Quesnel. For those that don't, this is a beauty shot looking out over the Quesnel Golf Course. I took this last year. I would like to share more recent photos but some a*$hole sent me a virus. It was a tricky little sucker too! I didn't realize that the weirdos designing viruses could now write them in code inside an email. So I opened what looked to be a nice little email, something I was expecting and bang-o all of my email addresses (3000+) vanish into gigabyte air. Over the course of the next couple of days, running virus scans and the like my computer begins to slow and stop working in other areas... and in a last ditch effort to recover my files I uninstall Outlook - the source of my grief and then I get it... the blue screen of death, as the Microsoft users will know.

It has now been in the shop for four days getting tweeked when they can deal with it and I'm hoping to get it back tomorrow. The important thing is that all the files in my documents were recovered. This includes all of Michael's baby photos, which busy me, didn't copy. I'll be making plenty of back ups now! Such a simple step and something I did at work all the time - but a practice I dropped coming home.

So expect photos of Michael eating "solid" foods shortly. They are something else! He eats like a savage! It is one of the funniest things he has done in his short four months.

Kyle is pretty sick. He woke up last night hacking - went and slept in his room for a while and then he got sick. Well more like he foamed up... odd... so I gave him some cough suppressant and water - which is promptly barfed up. Then we cuddled on the couch, watched the start of Blues Clues and he fell asleep. He was in and out of sleep all day but his temperature started to get out of control in the afternoon - all the way up to 39 - gave him some tylenol and a bath and he started to dip back down. In 90 minutes he had joined the land of the living again. He was playing, having a snack and seemed to have had a complete turn around. Enter 10pm and it returns - temp, sobs, (sobs suck... I can barely take it - he is sooo sad and there is nothing I can do... AAAHHH!) He had another dose of tylenol and slept. He is sleeping now but I don't think it will last. I'm sure it will be a long night. I just hope he is feeling better tomorrow. I guess I should also mention that I've had better days - my throat is sore and it feels like all the saliva in my mouth has been vacuumed out... (like you wanted to know that...) my knee is swollen - likely from the weather changing (it snowed yesterday and tried again today) but I'm coping with all of it. I'm not going to let a little throat problem make everything else worse... which it could easily do.

2 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

Yay! You visited me! Thank you.

Your knee swells from the weather changing. It's almost like you're a growned up or something. For me, it's my wrist that bothers me with the weather changing. Haven't learned how to read it yet.

I'm there with you on sobs when a child is sick. I hate when my children are sick, as most parents do. When my voracious eater couldn't even keep a sip of water down... Hugs and prayers that Kyle is better very soon.

I hope your computer feels better soon too. That sucks, but I'm so glad they were able to recover your files.

Take care.

the author said...

The virus actually came in from another contractors email. What it did is asked me to reply to their email to show I'd received it and then that message kept coming up over and over again. Last time it came up my computer did a bit of a shiver and then my emails were gone and then it was all down hill from there. Now the techs are thinking that it might be a larger problem related to hardware, which totally sucks because I might as well bought a new computer for the price this will come to.

Kyle is still sick - his tonsils are giant lumps on his neck now. We are trying to combat it all with tylenol every four hours to keep him happy but he is pretty sore. I just hope Michael doesn't get it.

Worst of all they both decided to take turns getting up last night to complain about everything. I got an hour sleep. I've managed to add another 2.5 hours to that total so I'm not a complete basket case. Kyle was soo out of it last night that he was hallucinating. It was like he was on drugs - telling me that there was poo and bugs in his bed. MADNESS!

Yes, it did snow but it was light in town. If you are staying in city limits you don't need to worry about it. We were out in Nazko when it started and out there it accumulated in the mountain pass. The road even froze. It didn't last out there though. You'd be fine with sandals - I've been wearing mine. Just not in the past couple days. It is supposed to stay above zero from now on... I'll let you know if that changes.

Oh to take the sick kid in.