Wednesday, May 31, 2006

home again

First my apologies to Jen for not making it to her house... Thursday did not work out as planned. I ended up flying to the island much earlier than anticipated and so when I had planned to be visiting you I was on a 10 seater flying to Nanaimo.

So much has happened since I last wrote so I have written the highlights below:
~ Most recent - today was immunization day - BIG BLAH! - Michael reacted fine but he has been miserable tonight. He is crying for anything and over eating. I resorted to some tylenol to ease his pain and it seemed to work. He had three shots today so I figure he can be as angry as he wants; I would likely deal with it worse. So he is 5 months this weekend and already outweighing Wyatt at six months... today Michael weighed 17 lbs and 9.5 oz, he is just short of 26 inches, which means I need to move him out of his carrier soon.

~ Kyle has completely recovered from his flu/cold/infection. He is complaining of kids at school - two kids, they hit me... no names, no i.d's - darn bullies. Anyways the school is supposed to watch more carefully and we have tried to explain to Kyle that he should talk with a teacher if there is a problem.

~ My trip - well I managed to get some shopping in at Woodgrove Mall in Nanaimo and after spending three days there I really started to wonder about moving from Quesnel. What a great place! Not Vancouver but close, offers the small town feel while still growing, not entirely dependent on the forest industry, the ocean...

~ Other work - I was supposed to hop on the Rocky Mountaineer to Whistler but the tickets didn't come through so I drove with my buddy Paula and brother in law. I was surprised that there is so much whining about the drive - everyone who complains about that should drive Terrace to Rupert. I love that drive but it is far more twisted and I would argue far far far more attractive. Trying to live for the moment and do things I would never get to do with kids we ventured up the mountain on a gondula... as Paula would say 'lord love a duck' it was thrilling and stomach dropping - I made it and I'm very glad I did it. On the way down we saw a bear eating grass... looked to be enjoying some sunshine and then we saw some bikers... and more bikers - they were using a path that was near the bear. "I wonder if those guys see the bear." And with that the bear up and charges at one of the bikers. Once I scan my photos I will share what I captured on film.

~ 5 days in the lower mainland and only sushi for lunch once and it was lame sushi... very sad... still craving it...

There are other things to share about the trip but I will cut it short there. I need to do some work tonight and it isn't getting done while I type on my blog. Must be more disciplined... my computer will be back tomorrow... HOORAY and I should be able to load photos then.

No comments: