Monday, August 06, 2007

bc day well celebrated

Well we had a great BC Day and I hope everyone else took in the sights and sounds of our beautiful province... and to those who are in other provinces... sorry you had to be there and miss out on here :)


Here are the boys and grandpa picking berries. We found a field full of wild raspberries - it was quite the sight and every time you turned around you'd hear one of saying - gees I can't believe how many berries there are. This was at 3700 ft.



Here are the boys cooling down after a full day of hiking. We climbed to the top of this mountain looking for the elusive cave. We did end up finding the cave but there was no cut trail to the cave and we'd already spent two hours hiking. We climbed to 4050 ft - Kyle hiked the whole thing - Michael got a free ride to the top on my dad's shoulders for the most part. I took him for a while, but my dad hoofed it darn near the whole way.



The middle of this photo is where I climbed to on my last trip. This climb was about 100 ft higher. The last two hundred feet were pretty steep. I'm still surprised that Kyle made it without too much help - and he had a great time. The boys were so tuckered out that they fell asleep in the car and have been asleep since. Very good BC Day!

No comments: