Wednesday, August 08, 2007

brokeback

So I started writing on here about two hours ago. I haven't watched a movie in forever - I don't even remember the last movie that I saw. I wanted to watch something fun tonight and we have a copy of Borat... but I couldn't find it and as I'm searching through all the dvds we have I see Brokeback Mountain still in its wrapper. We bought it ages ago and I've never bothered to watch it. I started watching it two hours ago and came on here to rant. I was a little overwhelmed by the first scene in it - having not seen a film in a while and seeing any kind of violence really turned me off. I got on here and started talking about it and then stopped and tried to pay attention to film. I just finished watching it and I gotta say it was a very good movie. I cried the whole last 15 minutes or so of it. I had heard a lot about the movie - lots of negative stuff - but it truly was a good love story - for anyone - from all walks of life..... and there you go - I just wanted to share that.

What else is new? Not much. I should have been working tonight but I just couldn't get into it. I got another website gig today - I'm a little overwhelmed with work, but I'm also struggling with task management... but I'm going to get into list mode tomorrow and get it straight.

Oh - on the stupid blonde front - a month ago my air conditioner started leaking. It was leaking about 4 litres or more a day. Today my landlord finally got a service crew over and the guy is up on the chair looking at it and he's all - oh the pump must be gone. He starts pulling on a cord... my eyes start to follow where the cord is going - it seems that it crosses the ceiling and comes right over to my desk. Then I start looking around and see where I've unplugged what I thought was a light... turns out - nope I'm an idiot... he just kind of laughed at me and told me to have a nice day. I just told my landlord that it had been taken care of... lord :) So have a laugh at my expense... poor dumb april :)

4 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

We'll be there on Monday, leaving Thursday morning for Jasper and the farm the day after that. We're trusting in the fact that we're only camping during the week to get camping spots, otherwise I'm going to have to find you and camp in your yard. :) My stepmother is trying to throw a wrench in our plans for going to the farm, but we'll see what my daddy says as he's the one we were going to meet there.

I'll make sure to find your number before we take off.

Be well,
Jen.

The Jaded Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Jaded Bee said...

I'm not sure if that posted because blogger just did a weird blippy thing.

the author said...

You are welcome to camp in the yard or in the house - we will be happy to host you :)

Did Gary get in touch with you about camping? - was that serious?