Friday, June 18, 2010

alive

Sorry friends and family... I suck - I took a brief hiatus from the blog... I totally miss writing here but have just been swamped lately... so yes, I'm alive, and just to prove I've been doing stuff for the past 18 days of non-writing I'm sharing some photos..

This is at the entrance to Spirit Ridge in Osoyoos - it is a spectacular resort! Great for families and couples... I was surprised by how much I liked Osoyoos - plus there are wineries everywhere... you could spend a month just trying out the wineries between Summerland and Osoyoos


Bridal Falls - this is just outside of Chilliwack - if you've never stopped here on your travels along highway 1 you definitely should - it is worth the 10 minute hike to the falls and beautiful all the way up...

More bridal falls - yep - it is beautiful here....

Dominion Observatory is just outside of Okanagan Falls - it is a windy road off the highway. They give a great free tour and they have some pretty cool gear - like this (photo) - around the site... you have to walk into the site from the road - so wear runners - and turn off your cell phone... you'll mess up their fancy gear with it on...

Other highlights... that have no photos...
- Kyle is getting ready for the end of grade 2 - hooray - looking forward to summer
- Michael is having fun at daycare and is really loving the water park - the weather has been good the last few days so they've been going
- Kyle and Michael took swimming lessons and Kyle is doing another two weeks of lessons in class right now...
- Summer plans... well nothing confirmed right now... planning to do one trip to Van in August - but still confirming dates and timing - what is everyone else doing?
- My sister is pregnant and due in November... and apparently getting married - this I didn't know... so Mel - are you getting married...
- My brother is coming to spend the summer with us - he'll be here in a week-ish
- I bought an ipod touch and LOVE IT! I have learned that apparently I don't sleep - my eyes are shut, but I'm in awake mode... all according to that fancy little sleep cycle program.. it is wild... love to hear other apps that people think are great and I should have...
- Work... meh

Ok - so there is the quick and dirty version - more photos, fun and stories soon :) Sorry for the delay in writing.

ps. No I haven't had any really great coffee lately... in case you were wondering... Starbucks is ok... but it will never match Piai

pps. My nails still haven't grown completely out - rrrrr - darn gel nails...

5 comments:

M said...

Married? Who told you that? Let me guess... mom? No we are not getting married. I moving in together that's it.

I'm going to have to correct her! lord!

Love you!

the author said...

lol - well I figured I knew the answer... thought you might call me for something like that... I actually heard that from Grandma... so figure that out...

M said...

OH MY GOD! I think I might have to call and yell at her f*CK she pisses me off! errr

You should tell grandma that we ar eliving in sin and not getting married. And see how she likes that :)

Lord

the author said...

Well I think I kind of let the cat out of the bag on that one... because when Grandma said it I was like - WHAT? what do you mean she's getting married... and Grandma says she overheard a conversation about it... so who knows... don't let this get you down - we both know how she is...

I hope you are feeling awesome - miss you lots :)

M said...

Thats so stupid. I truly hope she is not telling people that. God it makes me wonder about her, lots make me wonder about her.

Any way Happy Sunday!

Love you.