Thursday, June 24, 2010

tonight

So how's that itch.. not better... ok that's a lie - it is not as itchy tonight as it was this morning. I got some soop-ed up medicated itch stuff and my doctor suggested claritin - I said I'd taken it and she was like... oooohhh and that didn't help... hummmm, ok well try this goop and see if that works... I've scratched through a few spots though so the goop freakin' hurts... but it is worth getting rid of the itch.

And now... well tonight I'm doing some writing and trying to make cookies. Of course I can't just make a dozen cookies - I need to make a million cookies - I'm on batch 10 - maybe more... so there will be cookies a plenty for a while - not that anyone eats them around here but I like making them and a few friends like eating them...

And a show... well the crack shack was busted two nights ago and the cops came again tonight and busted a few more - they could sit at the end of the driveway and just wait for a month and they'd never catch them all - they just keep coming. Tonight two of the crack-tards are screamin' and yelling at each other - they probably cussed it out for 30 minutes... and now it is raining and I'm hoping that will shut them up... probably not... but it is worth hoping for... the upside... it is raining, which means there will be more puddles tomorrow! hooray!

On the scary front... I was baking the cookies and one of the area resident native guys came right up onto our deck tonight and asked if he could buy chips off of us... a number of things ran through my head when I heard his voice - where were my knives, what was he really after - I simply said no - which is the truth - no chips in the house - and he turned heel and left... now we actually talk to this guy on a regular basis because he is in the neighbourhood and he likes to talk but this is beyond weird and disturbing. I even had a heavy piece of MDF blocking the way onto the deck tonight which he moved out of the way to get on the deck... so I'm locking up good and tight tonight. I may even pull a performance of my dad off tonight (my dad has/had OCD about our house - he would check and re-check the locks in the house over and over again every night - I don't blame him and it is no wonder both my brother and I developed the same problem - we had an attempted B&E plus he was a fire starter when we were kids and that pretty much started us down the path of OCD)

And there is a night in the ghetto... hooray :) Good night my loves - hugs, kisses and all my love to you.

update... 5 minutes later... and now they are screaming again and... there is thunder... WICKED!

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

Wow! You get to have all the fun.

We had a drug dealer move in next to us. The basement suite of the family with three teenage girls, and "Mommy" love him being there because she gets her weed for free. We hate the constant stream of people that come and go, but I hardly think that it compares even remotely to the idiocy that you have next door. I'm glad that the police are stepping in now.

I hope the itchiness goes away. You could always try sitting in a tub of oatmeal for an hour or so. I know it sounds weird, but Aveeno makes a lot of money off of that old-fashioned treatment.