Wednesday, July 19, 2006

hint taken

Alright, so I guess racism is a little too much for the readers. So in that vein I will lighten the mood and share with you my discovery. The largest blueberry that I've ever seen. Please see the photos below. What I would like to propose is that all readers/viewers buy blueberries this season, and while eating them, carefully inspect them for size. If you find a blueberry that is larger in diameter than mine, I will mail you a jar of jam. I will mail it to anyone, anywhere - even if you aren't a regular reader/user of the site. In order to receive a jar, you must provide photostatic proof of your discovery. The berry must be whole - you can not smmmmsh it and then take a diameter reading. While we are on the topic of abnormally large objects - anyone seen any other vegetables/fruit that were larger than normal?

More than 7/8 of an inch in diameter and 1/2 inch in depth.

4 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

Oh sure, as the last of our blueberries are gone you offer this challenge...I'll have to look in the very few we have left because I don't think we're berry picking in the heatwave we're about to have.

The Jaded Bee said...

Darn. The biggest we have right now is 5/8x1/2...and I know Quentin ate one that was much bigger than that after swimming tonight. :P

As for racism...I have a grandmother who named her little black dog Sambo. She's trying, but it's always been a part of her. I think she's actually at the point where she is almost embarrassed by her dog's name, but it's a pretty old dog. My siblings who are of African descent lived in Prince George growing up, and they can tell you some stories about rascism there. I have stopped a bit of talk that shouldn't have occurred by saying I had black sisters and a black brother. My parents were pretty good as I was growing up in that I didn't think rascism existed anymore...and we lived in a town that was pretty much half caucasian and half East Indian. (A smattering of native, and for a year or two there was one Asian family...quite the oddity for us who knew the kid as Se-Il Oh. It was always his full name and we couldn't figure out why he didn't have a last name but he was proud he didn't have one. We only paid attention to his name, but it wasn't to make fun of him, and we always let him join in our reindeer games.)

Okay, time to sleep. Really.

the author said...

After I posted my racism comments, I was told that maybe that some of that was stereotyping - not racism. My rebuttle: isn't stereotyping a form of racism. But I digress.

I hope you find a big blueberry.. :) I'm still on the hunt for something bigger. The heat wave is upon use and me being fair skinned is not having a great time with it. I just melt in this weather. I have a meeting tonight (I might as well be back at work already.) So I better go and get some more stuff done.

the author said...

Wow - that is great for Robin and Darren. Are they still in PG? Please feel free to share this blog address with her. I would love to have them stopping by.

Make sure you update us on the pumpkins - that is soo cool! I'm a weirdo looking for oversized vegetables and fruit.

No new blueberries on the home front... the search continues.