Tuesday, September 05, 2006

CBS

Katie Couric = intelligent?

I wasn't a die hard viewer of the Today show, but I did watch. I remember Katie dressing up as Sponge Bob Square pants and I was kind of hooked after that. She is so many things to very wide cross section of people.

Tonight she began her new career as the host of CBS Evening News. I made sure I tuned in for a while to see how she was doing. Wonderful, as anticipated - that is until she was signing off... or didn't. As some ploy to get more people looking at the CBS website and probably pitch to a younger crowd she asked the viewers to create her sign off. The Katie I've watched does not need the assistance of the viewing public with this.

All that said, I encourage you to go to the CBS website and make up your own sign off - 'good night america and remember to get your colon checked' or remind them that Katie can just as easily come up with a great way to sign off. She doesn't really need to say anything at all - we, the apparently stupid', viewing public get that the show ends at 7pm and that things wind down on there own.

Ahhhh, I ranted. I have another... I will see if I can get it out tonight.

1 comment:

the author said...

I agree with you that she only really became popular when he husband passed away and she was given soap box to stand on. Her position with the news is scripted and in that regard, I guess she is an equal to all the other actors gracing the television screen.

I'm happy to see her smiling face though over another man who seems emotionless (likely not a word, but you get what I mean). I flipped between Katie's 9/11 special and the discovery channels. She didn't really have much to say - but it was interesting to see her interview with Pres. Bush. The network seems to understand that not everyone loves Bush but that there are lots of people who do. I think the interview was a little weak; asking questions that had predictable answers. She should have asked something like - how can you sleep at night when american children are fighting wars that people don't understand? if we could disguise you and suit you up for battle as another army/navy member would you go with us - show us the in's and out's of the operation, share the pain and suffering the people of Iraq face every day?
_______________________________
(topic change)

Is it alright to be sad about 9/11 still? I'm finding myself very saddened - more than when the attack actually happened. I can hardly watch the news right now as every time 9/11 stuff comes on I just want to cry. I say why because I'm not sad about world war two and certainly more innocent life was effected.

I'm having a dulldrums kind of week. I got accused of sending an email that had a negative remark in it. It didn't and they took it the wrong way but everything just isn't coming up roses right now... boo hoo hoo :) I better get scrappin' or doing whatever else I'm supposed to be working on.