Thursday, September 21, 2006

season premiere week

Two kids = limited tv time that doesn't have an animated figure on it

I make time for ER. They didn't disappoint with their season opener. It was fast paced and super emotional. I had a good cry... let's face it - I cried through damn near the whole thing and I'm not an overly emotional person. I didn't get the wind-sucking cries - just the regular ones - there was an episode last season that I got the big cries from... of course I was pregnant.

Well I don't have a lot of time to blog about this tonight, but I wanted to see if anyone else watched it and what they thought of it? In case people didn't see I want ruin the end for you but I will ask - what did you think of the ending? Is that ok what happened? I won't say much else because I hate being the movie/tv wrecker.

I'm going to bed.

Wait - I want to ask one more thing - I've taken another blog name - actually quite a while ago - and I've been thinking of developing it into a fundraising project for alzheimers. What I would like to do is start a campaign to capture dreams. Why dreams? Well here is what I think - and I'm probably wrong - but what I hope is that even though my grandma's brain is deteriorating and she isn't the woman I've known my whole life, that maybe she is able to dream. I have this "polly anna" thought that she can remember her family in her dreams she can be the woman she was and have some release from the existence she has now.

I've been mulling this over for a few months, trying to figure out if it is a good idea, if it could work. I want to collect dreams on my blog and also request letters from some famous people, compile those dreams and publish them with the funds going to Alzheimers research.

What do you think? Would you buy a book to support alzheimers? Be frank with me - if it won't work - it won't work - I just wanted to do something.

My grandma is much worse. With the family feuding this past summer I didn't visit because I had the notion that maybe we weren't supposed to anymore. Not because I didn't want to visit but because my parents and their brothers are at war over how to handle the situation. We were asked to take my grandfather to a doctors appointment this weekend. So Andy took him while I watched grandma. It is just all bad. She doesn't know anyone around her, she has troubles forming sentences, she needs help with drinking, walking, washroom - everything. And when I say help I mean she needs someone to do it for her. She doesn't need to be hooked up to a machine but she needs 24 hour care that can lift, and support all of her needs. This is what is prompting me to again consider this idea. She can't be helped but maybe a little money can help someone find a cure and maybe then someone else we all know and love doesn't have to suffer.

Well I will leave you with that for tonight - I need to do some reading and then sleep. I have a meeting in Barkerville all day tomorrow. Night.

2 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

I know that there are probably a large number of people who are touched by it that would purchase a book like that - especially if it had some authorities backing it up - as it would probably give them comfort too.

I'm worried about one day getting it myself, as is Tyler who refuses to wear antiperspirant because of the aluminum in it (he does wear deoderant). I am encouraged by the nuns someplace that donate their bodies to science and when their brains are looked at, they have advanced alzheimers but nobody could tell because they've kept themselves so mentally active over the years it didn't get a chance to take hold. (Info gotten from one of my education conferences, a brain study seminar that was very interesting.)

Be well.

The Jaded Bee said...

My post disappeared. An engineer has been notified. :P

http://www.sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/ is something that might interest you. Found it off another friend's blog.

My list of must sees: Grey's Anatomy, Crossing Jordan, Scrubs, and now Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. And the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, but now that I'm actually getting work, I really should stop staying up that late.

Any chance you'll be near New Denver on the Thanksgiving weekend? lol

Take care,
Jen.