Friday, September 08, 2006

teeth

The cries began at 4am. A break, then more, a break, then more. This little moaning and crying concert went on for two and half hours. I figured his body was trying to push another tooth out but my brain didn't flick the light on until I had endured two and half hours. I bought some natural teething tablets at a health food store months ago and at 6:30 my brain went... hey why don't you give him some.

I did - the crying stopped and he went to sleep until 7:45. Michael is now the proud owner of two lovely teeth. One is about half way exposed and the other has just broken through the skin. Kyle must have a huge pain tolerance - he didn't make a peep when he was teething - ok - maybe there was some crying but nothing like this. At 8 months Kyle was sleeping through the night and I was pretty well rested. Michael is still getting up in the night and I have no idea why.

So I took the rest of the year off. I won't be returning to full time work until the new year. So cheers to that!

Kyle went back to preschool yesterday. He is having a great time. There are lots of kids (full session). He is enrolled in soccer for October and I'm really looking forward to that.

Well there is a bit of an update. I need to print some pictures and scrapbook. I keep saying I'm going to do it and then I don't... I will try and get something acomplished this afternoon on the scrapbook front.

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

Yay for taking time off! I think you deserve it. I'm glad Kyle is having fun at preschool. I'm glad you're taking time off.

Jade was fine last week going to daycare, this week she's cried both mornings. :( Yesterday it was even worse because I was running late for work. (Yes, I actually got a call!) But, she does seem to enjoy playing with everyone.

It's amazing how things are so different between two children in the same family sometimes, isn't it?

Take care,
Jen.

Why didn't this post? Did I read the password wrong? Maybe this time?