Monday, June 30, 2008

cheers to canada day

On Dec 22, 1997 I drank a bottle of wine with Liz (a roommate, later a floor RA and a friend) - this was my last day at UNBC. It is also the last time I drank red wine, until tonight... I cracked open a bottle of Australian Banrock and since I had no wine glasses- yes it's been that long since we drank wine in our home - I put it in this sad coke glass...



So cheers to everyone - happy Canada Day!

a sad, sad update - good lord that is TERRIBLE wine - GOD - how can this be? how? how? - I can't even drowned my tears... why can't I be a beer drinker - there are four in the fridge right now... but I have no interest... I guess I'll go have some water... very very very sad - well the label was definitely right - smokie, oak, a little bit of berries - I guess that's why they don't right that it is good wine on the label... damnit...
---------------------------------------------------------------
it is now 1:03am... it is 79 degrees (about 27 celsius) in my house - I can't sleep - it's 12 degrees cooler outside than it is in the house... I'm soooo tired, but I can't get my eyes stay shut long enough... it is a couple of degrees cooler in the living room so I'm out here hoping to get some sleep - if there was just a little breeze from outside.... a little one...

No comments: