Saturday, May 09, 2009

ginger ale with green tea

I decided to try out the new green tea infused ginger ale as ginger ale is pretty much the only pop I'll consume anymore... ok that and the occasional rootbeer - but we are talking occasional - and so I try a cup - it wasn't too bad - didn't chuck the rest out - and then a few days later I go back for another and find that upon closer inspection there are floaties. No I know it is meant to be green tea but really - floaties in pop - gross. Tonight I caved and actually strained the pop and then really read the label to find that though it doesn't taste like much it is full of sugar - I mean full of it! So that's that... try it - see what you think... let me know.

We cleaned the deck tonight and had a great time doing it. The guys got right into it. It seems that if I include a little soap and water to any activity they come running to help out... it was great fun - then after all the work we played a couple hands of uno on our cleaned up deck and if the weather cooperates we'll be out there for dinner tomorrow night.

Ok - so I watched one of the commercials for this stuff more closely today and it turns out that there is supposed to be floaties in the pop... ok - so it doesn't mean it went bad - but still not great... today, as an alternative, I steeped some blueberry tea with a little sugar and enjoyed that instead

No comments: