Friday, May 08, 2009

reading

So on March 11 I wrote that I've been reading a good book. I was reading Just do it - a book about 100 consecutive days of sex - and when I wrote in March I was already into the book and fairly jazzed up about it. I still think it is worth the read, especially for couples. However, it was rushed - again - rush, rush, rush - the beginning had more details and then around the time they got to 70 days it was less and less... maybe they thought the audience was going to get bored but I was more disappointed by the quick finish. Nonetheless, check it out.

So is that sad that it took me two months to finish a 250 page book. I am multi-tasking - I've got a few others are on the go as well... including the little book of stress relief - which is ok - plus I read magazines at night. Tonight I'm struggling to get to sleep, but reading helped and it meant that I finished the book that's been on the night stand for two months. What does this all mean? Well I'm again looking for book suggestions. I'm looking for a book that is happy (largely), and I especially like the first person books like the "just do it" and bridget jones, etc... I like life lesson stuff and will take fiction or non fiction. Thank you :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Glass Castle - it is a true story, a memoir and it was excellent. I had a hard time putting it down.

the author said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if the library has it on Tuesday.

I picked up the Te of Piglet... don't know anything about it - but thought I'd try it out as well and it seems to be easy reading.