Tuesday, May 05, 2009

what's new

Well Kyle is back in soccer and enjoying that. We had a mini camp which looked like fun and then a game last night. (It made me think about floor hockey and wondering if I could join a women's league that is accepting not so fast people...) During the game last night I witnessed one of those child meltdowns that I thought was make-believe. The little boy was getting pretty frustrated that he wasn't scoring and then in the last five minutes he has a complete full out meltdown. He just stopped in the middle of the field and started screaming about how he couldn't score and how he was mad and then he started jumping up and down - not just once, but over and over and over - and higher and higher - it was crazy and sad.

The meal planning is still happening - well not the last two days from a cook book - but still cooking at home - but it is an ongoing thing... we are eating out less and that is good. I've got to write up my meal plan tomorrow and then go shopping tomorrow night as the boys have a date with there aunti dawn who takes them on great little outings nearly every week.

Spring is in the Cariboo and I love it - the rain has been amazing - and the colors are so great... I was so done with winter and that whole gray stint between winter and spring... my rose bush has started to come back and in two weeks I'll be able to plant some veggies.

No comments: