Sunday, June 07, 2009

another weekend

Ahhhhhhhh - yup - we had another great weekend... until about 60 minutes ago... and it was at that moment I wished that the gravel in our backyard was made of marshmallows. We just got back from a bike ride - Kyle is biking and loving it now and Michael is in his little blue trailer behind me. We get back to the house move the water around so the lawn can have a drink and I'm just about to put all the gear away when Michael runs full on, into the ground. He didn't move and didn't speak - I thought he was ok and just gathering himself up and then he starts up the blood-chilling scream. I bust it over to him and he doesn't want to move. He is just crying as loud as I've ever heard him cry. I turn him over and it is a rough, bleeding mess on his knee and he is wailing over it. Then Kyle comes up and says "oh my god, his knee is gushing"... now really it was a trickle - if that - but that set Michael off again. He then cried for the next 10 minutes - progressively louder and louder still when I cleaned it out.

We made it through story time without tears and then he'd settled down enough to sleep... phew. He seemed to be pleased to hear that the band-aid had some magic cream on it.

It must have been the day for damage - I smashed my middle finger (the most important one) this morning - smashing it and at the same time cutting the crap out of it. So there you go - another weekend done - another week starting... Kyle starts his level 1 swimming tomorrow after successfully graduating from pre-1 on Saturday... hooray! I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying fabulous weather wherever you are! Oh right - exceptions - sorry my calgary friends - I hope you are doing well and I'm sorry you live in a place that would snow in June :) (ok - so I'm secretly laughing... oh wait - now it isn't a secret)

No comments: