Sunday, June 21, 2009

I did it

Well I was aiming for 20km... and I surpassed that tonight - it must have been around km 20 that I started to get all - what the hell am I doing... I road up to Pinnacles - now in my head I was like - hey - no problem - it is steep, but it isn't that bad.. HA - I'm an idiot! I also thought that the ride down (back over Pinnacles through to Bouchie Lake) was flat... HA - stupid - there were hills and I started to think - man... I had lots of moments where I was just super pleased though... then there was this moment - I got off to walk for a few minutes to get my heart rate down about 2 km from the top of Pinnacles hill and out comes a bear.. GREAT - I was about 100 yards away - a good telephone pole to telephone pole distance apart - I stood there for a second thinking - ok - I can turn around and go back or see what happens - so I wait and see - the bear stops to see what I am - I'm wearing white - so he turns and looks and then I figure - ok - better protect myself a little and I put my bike in front of me - the bear then turns and walks off into the bush. So I wait - thinking - now what... I don't want to ride back down because the Pinnacles ride down is steep and I just didn't want to - so I watch the bear roam off - climb back on my bike and a second bear comes out... so I pull over and wait... and wait - he isn't interested in me and just follows the other off in the bush... there is a clearing so I just watched them head off... and so I climbed back on my bike and went on.... had to get to Pinnacles... which I totally thought was closer than I really was at this point. (Yes, Paula, I know - I'm retarded... )

The other moment that got a good scream out of me was a scene from "Aristocats". Remember those dogs that got the butler... so I'm riding and this little barker semi-startles me - lets out a couple of barks. I see another larger dog ahead and try to pick up speed. He waits on the side of the road and as soon as I pass he is out for the chase - then I give'r - I'm going hard - thank god it wasn't a hill - and so I think I'm clear (see ' I think') and then it was like my sixth sense kicks in... and I turn to my right shoulder and there is he is getting ride to pounce on me and I let out this scream and my legs found some new speed and off I went... blah.... I'm sure those a-hole dogs had a good laugh after - see that retard go - I wonder if she'll come back - that was fun... I was so close... so close - I could taste those gray yoga pants she was wearing... no, really, I swear....

So tonight's ride was 23.8 km (according to google maps) it took me about 110 minutes (or just shy of two hours..) - and now I'm going to go and shower and continue to unwind... woohoo... if I can get my cell phone to download photos I'll share my photo of me at pinnacles.

No comments: