Thursday, June 25, 2009

How could I not post about it

By now you've read all the headlines that Michael Jackson has died. I shouted at a Staples employee (in a good way..) to "shut up" that Michael Jackson was dead. I refused to believe her - I went out to my car and called my office and asked if anyone had heard this madness - this lunacy.

There are a lot of things bothering me about his death. I'm not one of those hard core fans, but I was/am a fan. He did have some great songs and he was an amazing performer. I can sing loads of his songs, can't moonwalk - but wished I could, can't break dance - but tried, have grabbed myself (even though I lack the essential physical attributes) to MJ songs. I'm bothered by what I was reminded of - that I should get use to it - this is going to keep happening. That the people we loved as kids and young adults and even as adults are going to die. That is bugging me a lot! I mean, I know it is true... but that sucks.

I guess there isn't much one can say about all that. The issue of death is a lurking part of my anxiety and it drummed it up a bit today. (Think Jumanji and when you get close to the game the drum gets louder and louder and louder, but then when you open up the game and the drumming stops, you realize that your problems have only just begun.) Always pleased to hear others thoughts on this... I'm reading Tony Robbins right now to continue to work on my anxiety issues - I've been following him on Twitter for weeks and finally borrowed one of his books.

No comments: