Thursday, June 18, 2009

knee

Everything appears to be better - I think it was the foot wear I'd been wearing that day and it just tweaked something. How do I know it is better - well I launched into a good long ride tonight. Well again I thought I was going to be right at the 20 km mark - I went up to Marsh Rd which is where I grew up - so that was a challenge - pretty steep and long to get to the top - its about 2.6 miles from my house to the worst part of the hill - so that took me the longest. Then I took a logging road back down to West Fraser and looped back. It was a good ride... once I got past the thundering heart part :) Turns out it was about 16km... that is, however, my farthest cycle to date - so I'm pretty pleased with that - I'm also pleased with the time it took me - I was back in less than 90 minutes and when I first started biking I did a 3.5 km cycle that would be easy now that took me 30 minuntes... so I'm improving and feeling good about it. Now if my ipod shuffle would cooperate on these treks...

3 comments:

Adam Gonzales said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carmen said...

You frigging road the Marsh Rd. hill? My old car didn't even like going up there! Awesome work Ape!

the author said...

I got the paddles out on my bike and made my way up - it wasn't great -but I was pleased to make it to the top... now I just have to figure out where I'm going next... I also need to get a water bottle mount cause the treks are suckin' without water... my Sunday ride I used painters tape and attached it to the bike... I know... that's why I'm in the CFTR :)