Friday, February 12, 2010

where'd I go...

Hello my dear friends and family! My apologies for the departure from the blog... I am back and have lots to share...

Into the recipes tonight... tonight is orange ginger chicken, broccoli stir fry... I'm actually just cooking because the chicken was out and needed to be cooked - I'm planning to have sushi in a few hours... hooray! I would love to be having one of these though...


Dinner looks like this...



Ok - and then a few more pictures.. this is when I got home from my last road trip and brought a couple of treats... hooray for quatchi! I love him!


And this is me - right now - watching the opening ceremonies for the 2010 games! And I'm sure I'll have plenty of comments after I finish watching...


.... as we watch the games...

"Mom - we live there right... Columbia..."
"Sorry, we live in British Columbia"
"Oh, that's confusing."

Immediately followed by...

"Quesnel - look Mom - Quesnel has a team...."
"Um, sorry - that's actually Cypress..."

And then...

"Mom, if God made everything, who made God...."
"That is an excellent question...." *silence*

And then...

"Mom, how long is this going to take, where is the torch?"

Good times :)

______

Post game notes....
1. Wow - I can't believe that the hydraulics didn't work - a shame....
2. I loved that Wayne Gretsky was sweating as he carried the torch up the stairs and out of BC Place
3. I think the torch resembles the inukshuk and for that reason was a little bit 'meh' about the whole thing... I'm sure it will look great in person though...
4. I loved KD Lang's performance - that was freakin' great!
5. I'm so GLAD-HAPPY-HOORAY that Rick Hansen was part of the final torch bearer stuff... that was the best!

One complaint... well...ok... so what was up with the tourism BC advertising - BOOOOOO - wow - I wonder who the creative genius was behind that... way to take the EXACT same commercial from California and re-use that idea in BC... what it did was confuse me and make me think about California - it was sooo much alike that if I only caught a second or two of it I would have assumed it was California... so boooo for lack of creativity and copycat-itis...

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

I laughed my butt off at the tourism commercial the first time I saw it. "You need to be here." ...as they stand in front of a green screen. Yeah.

KD's performance was fabulous. Soooooo much better than Nelly Furtado and Bryan Adams earlier. Supposedly everything was prerecorded, but at least she was singing instead of just mouthing the words. Although...that "Hallelujah" as she was walking away definitely did not seem prerecorded.

Lots of really classy people involved. The flag carriers were well-chosen, I think.

Enjoy the games! Look for us in the upper reaches of the short track speed skating tomorrow!