Monday, May 05, 2008

smelly feet

I just felt like putting in that title because I need to change my socks.

What's new... well tonight we went bug hunting. I'm putting in a garden in our backyard and have started dragging the gravel in the area out... this is a long and terrible process because nothing moves the gravel well. I've a rack, a shovel and a pick axe. Tonight we moved two wheel barrels full and then started hunting down centipedes, beetles and ants. I moved one slab in the backyard and was a little shocked by the number of ants that came pouring out... the ground swirled with their reaction to the sudden light. We pulled up weeds. When I was 4 (ish) my grandpa used to pay me to take thistles out of the front lawn. It is one of my favorite memories because I'd pull terrible thistles and then we'd walk to Frank's and get an ice cream sandwich. It was all about joy and fun.

So I'm home from Penticton. It was beautiful, the weather was warm and a lot like summer. I'm happy to be home and happy I got some time with the guys yesterday. I was back in the office today and now looking forward to Paula's visit after May long weekend.

Today is Monday - which means it is 6 days until Mother's Day. I'm planning on going to Mom's to plant some hanging baskets for her - this will be fun for the boys and give us something to do while we visit. Sarah (mom and dad's dog) is due today and we'll have puppies to glance at too - I don't think their eyes will be open by the weekend - that's if they've arrived... I'll post pictures of the puppies once I have some photos to share.

No comments: