Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Company's Coming

Andy and I bought a healthy cookbook from Company's Coming and have made a meal plan for the week. Our first kick at the healthy dinner menu was a steak mushroom bun and apple carrot slaw.



Now to be honest, I've been on the 20 dinner rotation for months, if not years, and it was about time I got back making something from a recipe... and it was super yummy.

Yummy steak and mushrooms and then it was placed on a bed of spinach - the spinach was tossed with some light mayo, sesame oil and ginger - man - it was soo good! Tonight I made dill turkey burgers - yummy too - but that steak and the spinach together - I'm still thinking about how good it was.. and we made it - which makes it even better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually just bought a cookbook the other day after deciding I need to expand my rotation. I have about a 5 dinner rotation and it is wearing on me. Another mom I know online only from a moms message board here in Regina has a food blog where she posts new recipes. She has some tasty looking recipes on it.

http://kitchenkathy.blogspot.com/

btw, what do you think of the Company's Coming book? Worth buying?

the author said...

Well I have a lot of the Company's Coming books.. a lot. I've cooked 5 recipes so far from the book and each of them have been pretty good. The turkey burgers last night weren't anything super special - but tonight I made sesame pork and a tofu and cashew stir fry and I know.. really how could tofu and cashews be good but I thought - hey - live outside the box - do it - live it - so I made it and it was really good... I mean WAY better than I thought.
So I would say yes - this is a good one to pick up and try out - but don't be like me - a cook book collector - use them - love them... I'm trying to practice is now :) And thanks for blog suggestion I'll go and check it out...

Treasures By Brenda said...

You made me hungry with your description of the steak with spinach. Which book was it from?

I love Company's Coming cookbooks and created a page about them at Company's Coming. I hope you'll visit.

Brenda

the author said...

The recipe book was Healthy in a Hurry - I think it is a new one.. but can't say for sure.

Thanks for stopping by :)