Saturday, April 11, 2009

of course

Tonight the easter bunny made a mad dash to Wal-Mart to pick up some goodies....

So I'm cleaning off the kiosk that is in the Wal-Mart parking lot - this is part of my part time work job... so I clean it off and walk back to the car and hear something hissing and fancy that... my damned rear tire is going, going, gone. I call Andy and tell him what's going on and ask him to call BCAA... only to find out that because he isn't with me it doesn't count, but that I can become a member... right... so I change the tire. It actually didn't take too long - about 20 minutes. The tire was flat - flat as a door nail as I told my husband and then immediately thought - ok it is dead as a door nail and really - what the hell does that mean.

I took the whole thing in stride.... and then went into Wal-mart to find NO CHOCOLATE! I couldn't even believe it. I actually walked most of the store thinking they'd thought it would be a nice little bit of easter fun to hide the remaining chocolate... no such luck. So that sucked... drove there for nothing and got a flat tire. I ended up at save-on which is about 2 minutes from my house and got more than enough chocolate... I actually thought that as I drove by save-on when I went by, but I thought - oh I'll have a few minutes to look at Wal-Mart and have an outing... HA.

Now I'm home after my fun outing sitting with my sick little boy who has yet another round of swollen tonsils.

I do want to note one more thing - the people in this town are great - AGAIN! - four people stopped to ask if they could help. FOUR!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is crazy that all the easter stuff is gone already. I was at Dollarama yesterday hoping to grab a couple of last minute little things (non-candy) and there was nothing. The aisle had been cleaned out to make way for gardening stuff. Hope your little dude is feeling better soon!