Tuesday, April 28, 2009

weekend relaxation

We had one of those weekends that allowed for relaxing and just enjoying life. Garage sale season is back up and running so we took in a few on Saturday morning. We also went to Monsters vs Aliens - the first movie I've been to in theatres in more than four years... and well... as you probably will guess - it was a bit of a "meh" movie for me. I mean there were some funny parts and the guys sat through the whole thing but it wasn't ... WOOHOO....

On Sunday we had one of those proud parent moments. Bike riding clicked for Kyle and he did - no training wheels - a few push starts and off he'd go... it was awesome! And that's just how I felt about it - he's pretty pleased too.

On the cooking front - I did another meal plan for the week. I had meals for every night but tonight I didn't cook because we had so much left overs. Sunday was a couple of Chinese dishes - one that was good and one that was ok but I made way too many noodles and then I didn't have enough sauce. Last night I made asian turkey burgers and they were MUCH better than the dill ones.. I'm using a readers digest vegetable focused book this week. I'll post the recipes if anyone is interested. One of the Chinese dishes was called ginger pork stir fry - what was funny is that there was not a piece of ginger in the entire dish... tonight was supposed to be manicotti - but I guess I'll hold that one over to next week - since tomorrow night is taco night. Hooray for meal planning. I recommend it to everyone.

6 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

Come watch one of the new animated movies down in the lower mainland so you can see it in 3D. It's not the 3D we had growing up, or the kind you can still get on your tv. This is absolutely amazing! Come down when Ice Age hits the theatres and we can all go together!

The Jaded Bee said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=24256416

Check out the listings this person has. I love them! But then again, I am a geek. The alphabet poster is sold out. :( *pout pout*

the author said...

That etsy is pretty cool - very creative.. even if it is science focused... :)

My etsy stuff will go live this weekend.

The Jaded Bee said...

Let me know when!

The Jaded Bee said...

I'm not a Twitter person, but I noticed on your tweeting that you did a Bob the trainer challenge. On what? Where? How? What? I'm guessing it's Bob from Biggest Loser (love that show - it's very well done this year, even if I despise Ron and love his kid). Tell me more!

the author said...

yep - it is bob from BIggest Loser. He is sending out challenges via facebook every day. It is great. Just call up Bob biggest loser on the facebook search and you'll find him - or just go to my profile and you'll be able to see I've joined and you can click through on that.

This year's biggest loser is unbelievable. The weight they've all lost and how they look - it is crazy - and i totally agree with you on the Ron and son thing - I totally like the kid... but Ron... um' I'm just hoping he goes home next.
I've done all this training tips for the past week - some harder then my normal work out, some similar - but it has been good - I wish I could dedicate the time they get to on biggest loser to training...