Monday, June 12, 2006

darn ears

I sit here tonight with one ear not functioning properly. I have another sinus infection with a side of ear infection. This time I appear to be the only one with it so I'm wondering if it is an allergy. It is cotton season in Quesnel and we live in the epicentre. Anyone else have a cotton allergy? Could I be on the right track? It feels like someone has punched me in the face and that I've been left with a pushed in face.

We had to go to Canadian Tire tonight and pick up some gardening stuff. It turned into a real score because they had 80% off their bulbs. I know it is late for this but I figure I can still get them in the ground and hope for the best. For $1.20 for seven bulbs of lily of the valley I was willing to try. We left and picked up McD's for Kyle. He has definitely picked up that McD's has all the 'Cars' stuff and no sooner had Andy started ordering than Kyle had his window down reminding the McD's girl that he would like a car, please. We pull up to her window and she asks which car he wants - Kyle has not seen the movie - and he says the red one. She passes it to him and he gives it to me for opening. While we drive between her window and the food window he starts kissing the car to death. Then he says, put it in the bag for later. He wanted to save the love for when he got home. It was quite hiliarious. The love of a toy. I can't remember loving toys or putting on such a show of affection for a toy ever. I'm sure my mom would have stories to tell - aunti jenni might have some good ones too :)

On a scrapbooking note - I finally finished my Sun Run book. I had most of the pieces together but hadn't stored them away. I also had a few pages to complete (start to finish). I walked/ran the sun run in 2003 - so why I haven't finished it sooner I don't know. But it is now in its own little binder on the shelf - complete - and I couldn't be happier about it. This was my first work in scrapbooking - as it is known today. I used to scrapbook everything, envelopes, letters, recipe books, - you name it and I was adorning things with journaling and doo-dads. Now I'm a 12x12'er and have completed Kyle's first year, our wedding, our trip to Taiwan and I continue to work on Kyle's and Michael's as I take pictures.

No comments: