Thursday, June 29, 2006

kyle-ism

Last night I took the boys for a walk. My brother lives under a kilometre away and I figured Michael could use the stroll. He, of course, fell asleep after a few feet. Kyle chatted my ear off the whole way there and back. I know to non-parents that hearing kids talk is a 'whatever' but for me it is so funny that he has all these independent thoughts and phrases.

Here are some of the outtakes from last night:

~ Kid approaches us and walks by

'Where is his mom?' - he proceeded to get a little agitated by it and kept asking me where this kids mommy was - I had to tell him I didn't know - not the answer he wanted

~ My brother has been sick for about 2 years (maybe longer) and the doctors can't figure out what the problem is - he has lost nearly 100 pounds and has stomach/intestinal problems alot.

'Mom, we gotta find uncle steve (he wasn't home when we arrived), we need to find him and take him to the doctor, doctor will take the bug out of his tummy'
He went on to tell me about my brother seeing the doctor just about the rest of the way home - he was kind of down that he didn't get to see his uncle.

The most common thing that comes up now is - where is his house? Like no one is allowed to be too far from their house or their moms... funny how things play out in his mind. With the warm weather we've had he's also decided that when the sun is out it must be hot. He wanted to go to the water park at 9am this morning. Instead we went for breakfast with Grandma.

Pics from the wedding later today.

Thanks to Aunti Jenni for doing the tag list :)

3 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

I love what I hear Quentin say. It's so much more fun than what adults say. Quentin asked why his daycare provider was actually leaving her house yesterday.

I did the list. Go peek. lol

And, I know he probably has, but has your brother seen a naturopath? My friend Shannon, whose wedding I'm attending on Monday and baking her wedding cake for, had tons of intestinal problems and couldn't eat anything. She started seeing a naturopath and cut out gluten, dairy, meat, poultry, eggs and refined sugar (and probably a couple other things), and is thrilled that she's allowed to eat again! It was pretty instantaneous her recovery and she'd been suffering for quite some time. Her regular doctor couldn't do anything to help her.

Thought I'd share.

Take care,
Jen.

the author said...

Thanks Jen - unfortunately for my brother he was tried a couple of naturopaths. It appeared to be working but then problems came charging back. They are at the point now of trying to figure out if it is worth cutting out most of his intestine to see if this will help. I know he has been feeling better lately and he and his specialty doc want to hold out as long as possible, as he is way to young to be living a life without an intestine... I guess we will wait and see. I know I probably shouldn't share this - not knowing who reads here... but for a long time his doctor suspected my brother's girlfriend of poisoning. My dad and I kept it from most of the family because we knew that it would spread like wild fire... but it got leaked to the rest of the family last week. I can't say it didn't cross my mind, more because I want there to be a solution to his agony. They've been together a long time and I don't think she would be that vindictive - no matter what the circumstances. She is strong woman and I think she would leave before she let anyone hurt her. So I washed out the thought... but I know other family members that would run with poisoning like it were the Olympic torch.

The Jaded Bee said...

Yipes.

So he has tried the cleansing/don't eat any of those major problem foods thing? Darn. Oh, soy was the other thing to cut out. She actually enjoyed it because while others look at it as "you can't eat anything" she looked at it as "look at all the things I can eat now!"

My mother last week invited us over for lunch. She asked what we normally have for lunch, because of Quentin's allergies. I said that we just eat normal stuff, but if you really wanted a pasta to try this one brand (Tinkyada) because you won't be able to tell the difference. "Well, we don't normally eat pastas and breads...we do low carb stuff." Then it isn't an issue is it?

Sorry, it's late. This is a lesser thing to focus on than my sister as we've already sorted out the food thing and my sister isn't sorted out yet. I'll go now.

:)Take care.