Friday, March 28, 2008

frozen toes

Today I went to Wells (www.wellsbc.com) twice. First time was for work - long meeting, lots accomplished... I stopped in to see Andy for a minute on my way out and he mentioned that he'd forgotten his shoes to work out over the weekend. I made it home, picked the boys up and packed up to go spend the night out there. We got out there in an hour (saw 4 moose together - the most moose I've ever seen together... it was great) hung out and then ended up coming back because spending the night was going to cost $70 plus everything else and really I just wanted to get Andy his shoes, the boys did get a great tour of the ambulance truck and the shop... so we turn around to come home and about 25 minutes out of Quesnel I have a tire that went flat... it's dark (very), it's -5 or more... and there is a tonne of snow - so I have to change the tire in snow on the side of the road - BLAH! On top of that Kyle is doing this - "mom, aren't the bears going to come, mom aren't you worried about bears, mom I think the bears are hungry..." on and on and on... now I wasn't worried about bears, but having the chatter and the mind starts to wonder - I kept thinking about coyotes or some other furry animal watching... the tire came off ok, but it did not want to go back on - it took me an hour to change the tire - didn't help that my toes were freezing - actually frost bite set into my feet and a couple of my fingers - so then everything was burning as it warmed up... now I'm home and just trying to warm up - very glad that I know how to change tires and glad that we made it home and no one was hurt when the tire went :)

Ok - I'm going to go and get a blanket to further warm up.... I hope everyone else's start to the weekend has gone far better.

No comments: