Sunday, March 09, 2008

tips

First I want to thank Sarah for noting on her blog that she had found a way to keep her son from taking toys on car rides. Sarah said she'd told her son that his favorite toy needed to stay home to sleep while they went out - and so began the easiest way to get my kids to stop bring toys in the car. THANK YOU!

Tonight I'm looking for another tip. Kyle has started to get panicky at night. He thinks that monster are coming to get him and that skeletons are coming from graveyards in town to our house. He's thought about it enough that tonight he asked me to close the blinds to his bedroom and then changed his mind and said that if we closed the blinds the monsters would know that we were home... I told him that he didn't need to be scared - that it wasn't real and that if it was something to be worried about, I'd be worried too. He decided that sounded ok and went to sleep. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and any words of wisdom they'd like to share.

Ok and now a scrapbook page...




And... here's a little friend I found in some clams I recently opened for homemade clam chowder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - glad you liked my scam about the toys... LOL. I will have to think if I have any more of those, I am sure I do.

As for the monsters, we aren't there yet - Wyatt is only worried about the deer in our yard and I have managed to convince him they cannot come into our house. I have heard of people making "monster spray". ie, buy a cheap plastic spray bottle and make a label for it and then fill it with some sort of substance like water or water and lemon etc. Then each night before bed, he gets to spray around his room/the doors and windows/the bed (whatever you think will work) and the spray will "protect" him from the monsters. Might be worth a try.

Thanks for sharing your scrapbooking too!