Saturday, November 01, 2008

evil yoga

So I've got some workout DVD's and I did one a few weeks ago and it nearly killed me. The routine was great and definitely got my heart rate up but it made me hurt so much that I didn't work out for a couple of days... so I've been scared to go back to them... I woke up with a pinch nerve in my shoulder that has been throbbing most of today and I thought tonight I'd tried the yoga dvd... now my nerve is still pinched but not as bad, but the yoga was brutal... I mean - what the hell - downward facing dog, to plank, to warrior, to multiple warriors to triangle to some weird move where I was desperately trying to stay in the warrior leg position while putting one arm over my back (that's right - over my back) while the other arm is going under my leg to grasp the hand that is coming over... needless to say - I'm not really ready for that one... at 45 minutes I gave up and decided I'd try the rest another night...

but I will go back to the DVD's - I just need to remember that I need to take my time...


AND WHAT THE HELL- there's a commercial from Lowe's for Christmas - holy crap! Ok - wait - I shouldn't say anything - 'binder probably has a few decorations out tonight :) and to be honest - I thought about it... in fact Kyle was asking me about christmas this morning... like Halloween wasn't enough for excitement around here...

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Nah... I didn't even decorate for Christmas last year... crazy, I know!

As for yoga - I cannot understand the appeal myself. I signed up for a class at the college and made it to one before I decided my body shape does not make the downward dog a feasible position.

Plus... my instructor had hairy armpits.

the author said...

ha - hairy armpits would definitely be a very undesirable thing to see while completing yoga... I can honestly say that I'm feeling the exercise today and mostly in my sides - which is an excellent place to tone up... i think yoga can be a nice break from the every day cardio/weight training...

and yes - I'm extremely shocked about the christmas stuff.... what the hell... what the hell indeed. The end of the world must be at hand...