Saturday, November 27, 2010

drinks

While I totally and completely love the soy peppermint mochas at Starbucks it isn't practical to have one every day.  I was in Vancouver this weekend and had something that I knew I could make at home and be just as good and get my peppermint fill without the syrup calories (like I'm counting those lately - ha)

Step 1 - buy Candy Cane lanes tea - it is only available in the season so stock up on this to get you through the year and your favorite hot chocolate mix

Step 2 - make your favorite hot chocolate at home and once you've got it stirred up add a tea bag.  Now since it is too hot to drink anyway - let it steep for 2 minutes or longer - then you will have a yummy peppermint hot chocolate - feel free to add chocolate shavings on top or whip cream - if you are into that :)

love you - happy saturday

No comments: