Saturday, July 02, 2011

jul 2

This morning I hit the road to do a photo shoot in Lillooet and then drove home.  The boys are staying with their grandparents for a few days - we go back to pick them up next weekend.

It was plus 33 in Lillooet today - beautiful - sounds hot - and it was - but it was also great to be in a place that has summer.  The wind blows down the river and it cools the place off.  I got a tour of Xwisten - a First Nations guided tour - it was really good!  I didn't really know what to expect as I came to take photos and didn't think I was going to get the show they put on.. just for me to take photos.  The guide took me on a three hour tour including showing me how they hang salmon to dry in the wind - they don't smoke it - it dries in the high winds trapped in the canyon.   If you are looking for an authentic first nations experience - well it is great... and I got to take photos - so really - it was a great day... minus nine hours of driving :)

And that's about it.  Oh and Groundhog Day is on and it is just as funny as it always is! Hooray!

No comments: