Sunday, October 08, 2006

gobble gobble baby!

Well my turkey is defrosting right now and I'm looking forward to a feast of bird, tatoes, cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts, mmmmm! My parents have told me they are coming, but you never can tell with them. Many a time have they said we will see you at X time and many a time I have sat waiting only to get a phone call saying - oops sorry about that. Anyways I will showcase some photos after the weekend of the food and fun, even if it is only the four of us.

I hope everyone has excellent turkeys/ham and other family foods for this turkey day!

I had so much to say before I started typing and now it has been farted out of my brain like some can of beans - I sat here for a minute trying to remember what brussel sprouts were called, remembered and then everything else was gone.

I will go and finish my kitchen cooking project. My request goes out to all of you again for any remedies for dry hands. I've tried all of the lotions that say 'for dry or extra dry hands' and have no success - I had a sample lotion from the 'Basketree' in Quesnel and it cleared my hands up for a day but they are closed over the weekend and she probably won't have the same stuff again.

Oh - here is some of what I wanted to say - (hooray I remembered) - we bought the little mermaid - one of my all time childhood favorites - as I've mentioned my sister, brother and I used to take roles from the film and then repeat their lines word for word - my sister was usually ariel and I, the ugly ursula... I still cry about it :) Anyway - I put it on this morning for Kyle and he loved it and funny enough - I found out he really loves someone else. We are sitting there and he is babbling about Ariel, mermaid, Prince Eric and then he starts talking about my sister. Now this is pretty weird - he talks to her pretty often but it was out of the blue and I don't think I mentioned her name before hand. Anyway he says, I'm going to marry Aunti Mel. He repeated this again to Andy this afternoon. He has never said he wants to marry anyone, it kind of made my heart melt. So watch out Sean, you've got competition. Ok, there is my turkey day story for you. Off to the kitchen, fast as a speeding turtle.

4 comments:

the author said...

One more thing - Sarah - have your pumpkins finished growing? Any record setting or blog worthy ones to post?

To everyone else? How had the biggest turkey this weekend? We got ours through the Save On Foods redeem your points program. My turkey is 7.47 kg (16lbs). Holy crap - I didn't realize my turkey was that big... holy that is going to take five flippin' hours... ok - I'm glad I checked that now...

the author said...

Thank you for the tips for my dry hands. I tried a new lotion today and it didn't do anything, well except make my hands hurt more. I think a manicure would be nice - so I will try that - and I will also check out the creams. THANK YOU!

So turkey night - my parents showed up - my mom said my dad would be at my house at 3pm - he should up after 5 - my mom showed up late too but that is ok. As I predicted like Nostradamus - there was no cheesecake - boooo! My mom made a pumpkin jelly roll - now you can make the face I made - it wasn't that bad but it wasn't cheesecake - oh well - I likely saved myself hundreds of calories. She also bought a pumpkin pie from Safeway - it was terrible. My turkey was good but I've been feeling kind of crappy today. I'm having pretty rough ovary problems today - just doesn't want to go away. So much for that lie my doctor tried to feed me - oh, once you have kids all that should get better. I should see how he likes me telling him that kicking him the balls won't hurt and see how that goes.

Cougar age limit? Andy says there is no limit.

Well I'm super tired. I've had six hours sleep in the last 48 hours and I really need more than that. Kyle has soccer again tomorrow - I will post pictures tomorrow.

the author said...

oh wait - before I go - is anyone else addicted to 'Heroes' on NBC. I love it. I love the Japanese guy. In a land of tv programming that largely consists of reality and crime drama it is nice to have this change. If you don't know what I'm talking about it is on NBC on monday nights. You can watch the episode that was on tonight on the NBC website. If anyone else is watching it - I missed the first episode - what is your best guess as to the blond girls abilities? (the one with the bodies in her garage)

The Jaded Bee said...

DIdn't get home until almost 11 tonight...I'll tell you my loop-de-loop story that happened on our return trip later as I need sleep. But, Heroes is cool. The blonde with the bodies has a reflection that does stuff for her (the reflection killed those guys so that she wouldn't get hurt, and cleaned up after). Love the japanese guy too, although Tyler is crushed the painter isn't sticking around.

Have to find time to watch Studio 60 and Heroes online this week...doubt it will happen.

Happy Turkeyness.

Jen.