Wednesday, October 18, 2006

surgery

I had hand surgery yesterday. Right hand - trigger finger... not very confident it fixed it this morning. I've placed a call into my surgeons office because I'm so concerned. I've been told to give up putting my hand in water for five days- which I guess means the kids can't have baths... so I probably won't be able to do that... I've already removed the crappy bandage they put on yesterday as it was falling off and so thick that I couldn't do anything.

Yesterday was a miserable day. My mom was supposed to be here at 7am so I could make it to PG for 8:30. She showed up late and then decided to come with me. So I had to pack up the kids, get all the gear for the day and then drive like the wind. I was late and my mom didn't seem to care about any of it - being late and being annoying. ARG! I get to the surgery - they do their thing - a student does some of my stitches - which are NOT pretty. I'm definitely going to have a scar. Then I find mom and the kids outside the surgery room. We walk outside and she says oh I left the lights on - teehee - I wondered what that beeping sound was.... WHAT! Of course my car is half dead. I tell her to wait - my car likes to heal itself, hero style - but she is so inpatient that she keeps trying it - I finally get so frustrated that I just take the kids and we leave for a walk... of course she comes and then I have listen to more of her cult crap... 'i'm a healer, i'm going to get my naturopathy doctrate online... BLAH BLAH BLAH' I fumed all day... we get back to the car and of course - it starts and I laugh in her face because she was queen of 'it isn't going to start... blah blah blah... naturopathy' - we went to costco because I needed to do shopping - i knew the surgery wasn't going to kill me so I had planned a quiet day for myself - fat chance of that... ffff'''eerrrss.... anyway - I do my shopping - we grab lunch and then she says she will drive home - not that I can't - I had driven us from the hospital to costco because I was so mad... so she can't drive - she drives with the gas on hard and then kick brake! AAAAGGGGGGHHHHH! I couldn't wait to get home.... I get home and within five minutes of getting in the house she says well I better go I have stuff to do... I barely choked out a thank you for helping because SHE DIDN'T! I might as well had three kids yesterday... oh and (sorry for not telling andy this on the phone last night) she pinched michael - like HARD! She caught his chin between the buckle on his car seat... first let me say that accidents happen, i accept that but... - I'm outside the car when it happened and all I can hear is him crying - she's all - oh maybe he needs a bottle but momma april knows the cry of her injured young... I'm like - Um no he isn't he's hurt... 'no,no'.... then I see the welt on his poor little chin and I'm all 'um he's got a welt - he must have been pinched...' nothing - no - hey I'm sorry, hey I did it - nothing - no admission - she just goes on like nothing happened - AAAAHHHHH! It was the worst day... and then I had to deal with the rest of the night - I was so tired and sore that I just bought McDonald's for Kyle - which I was really try to avoid - me and Michael had left over wonton soup

well kyle will be done preschool in a couple of minutes so I better run - sorry about the rant - today has already been better - even with a swollen hand...

1 comment:

Connie said...

oh, jaysus ape!

I hope you are feeling better......

xoxoxoxox

Connie