Sunday, October 29, 2006

no locusts

HOORAY - NO CHICKENPOXS!

After 48 hours I took Michael with me to get my stitches out. As I was getting them out I asked about his rash and my doctor seemed to think that it might have been a reaction to the virus he was fighting on the weekend. I'm not sure if I believe that or not - but the bumps are gone and they didn't develop into anything else.

My stitches were painful to remove, but they are out and my hand is pretty much healed up - well the hole is healed. My doctor pulled one stitch out and says - oh I left some in there - it'll come out eventually - have a nice day... I'm like - WHAT?

So I got in the car and pulled it out - I don't know what the heck is wrong with him... like spending 30 more seconds trying to dig it out was putting a cramp in his day.

My hand is not what it use to be. I'm feeling things on the tendon that I didn't before - hopefully this is all part of the healing process. I see the surgeon in December. I might just call this week to ask because if this is the cure I might be looking for a refund... I guess I shouldn't complain too much - I don't have a claw for a hand... :)

Andy has been gone for two full weeks. I'm definitely going a little crazy. On the days that I'm really losing it I put the kids in the car and go for a drive. This way I don't have to chase them or listen to them yelling at each other as they both like the car. I don't drive for long but 15 minutes gives my mind a break.

I've started yoga and if I could find the time to do it without the kids I think I might actually enjoy it.

I've moved Michael into his big bed. I've had enough of the crib and he likes sleeping on a real bed. Every time he moved in his crib the mattress crinkled and I'm sure it woke him up on a number of occassions. Tonight is the first night he will sleep on the big mattress - I hope it goes well. He had his nap on it and that went fine. I've gated him in so he can't escape later tonight. Sleeping walking runs in the family :)

My grandma is worse. I think I mentioned that my grandfather changed her DNR status to a coded one, which means that she is getting treatment for everything. Her body is starting to give up the battle though. As a result of the status change they reset her arm and since then she has been getting sicker. Her bowel became obstructed earlier this week and they were going to perform surgery on that today but they can't get her temperature under control and so they gave up on the surgery. As a result of the obstruction everything is trying to come back up on her - so she has a number of tubes and equipment trying to keep her alive. Her kidneys aren't working very well right now and it doesn't sound like she will make the weekend. I'm hoping to go and see her tomorrow while Kyle is at school - we will see...

Anyway I should go clean up and get ready for bed. Hey, did the time change make anyone else's life terrible today... Kyle and Michael got up at 6... then they wanted meals all at the wrong times... arg! ok - good night.

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

Such a good friend she says...to the person who's been meaning to send that stuff for months. (BAD Jen, Bad!) I figured you were having a rough time, and the timing might be nice, so I kicked my butt on Tuesday. Canada Post moved quickly on that if you've got it already. I'm glad you like it! I can't imagine having Tyler gone for two weeks. I can barely make it through a day without him.

Be well.