Thursday, May 24, 2007

yummers

My grandma used to make the best macaroni and cheese. I could have eaten buckets of it when I was a kid. Between this and her spaghetti sauce (and of course her buns)... ok she was a great cook... I've wondered how she came up with that fantastic flavor and I never asked. I remembered her having velvetta in the house, but I tried that and it wasn't the same.

Tonight I made mac and cheese (and peas and weiners) for the boys lunch tomorrow and I didn't have the box stuff and needed to make sauce. Feeling lazy I decided to just put some cheez whiz into the noodles and hope it tasted ok... and with that decision I found her secret. She definitely used Cheez Whiz... I will admit that tonight it is not tasting as fabulous - more because I'm having terrible heart burn - but it is definitely the stuff I craved.



What else... the kids playing tonight. Michael had his first hair cut tonight and didn't bat an eye to it. The weather has been beautiful and we take full advantage of our evenings on the deck.


And just so you know... they have started growing on trees, in case you need a pair.

No comments: