Tuesday, May 08, 2007

kelowna

So we made it here and are enjoying the sun and fine weather. It has been raining since we left Quesnel a couple of days ago. From Andy's computer desk I can see Okanagan Lake, a bunch of vineyards and orchards and the mountains. It is pretty awesome.

Spent the weekend with family and enjoyed aunti wendy playing ultimate (think of playing frisbee, but instead of just playing with a friend you have a team and the frisbee is more like a football in terms of getting points... very cool) and see Connie and Jen. It was nice to chat and remember the past - It was also nice to just talk with Connie, our reunion didn't really give me the time to chat - or rather I was so disappointed with most of it that I just wanted to go home and didn't really feel like chatting with people - so this was great because I really missed that with Connie.

The boys are enjoying the change of activities since we have hit a park nearly every day we've been here.

Negatives - I busted my wedding ring. I was going to bed a week ago and realized I couldn't turn my ring. My ring must have saved my finger from something pretty heavy. In any case it was pretty flat looking... when we got here Wendy looked at it and said - hey it's cracked and I'm all yeah I know and then I was like - WHAT? I didn't even notice that it was broken. So I need to go and fix my band while I'm in van...

I need to prep for a board meeting tomorrow - I hope the sun is shining or the weather is doing what you'd like it to wherever you are.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm missing something. Your title says Kelowna. You talk about being in Van. A board meeting? I'm so confuzzled.

Were you part of the dealings on the front page of the sun the other day?

I know what it's like to have something happen to a wedding ring. You have my sympathy.

I'm exhausted these days. The house was sick for a week and I think it's that I haven't recovered from that on top of all the other stressors of the last month.

Students are pretty good. I've got ones who are going to fail, but I've let them know, and I've let them know they can fix it, and they're not, so I'm okay with that. Their choice.

I just don't come onto the computer much anymore, so that's why you don't see me. If I'm on, I do make sure to visit your page to see what's happening.

Are you in (your) town in August? We'll be travelling then and thought we'd head your way as part of it. No promises, of course, but making vague plans...

the author said...

hi jen - you guys are welcome to stay with us whenever you are in Quesnel or area... I will be around for most of august - the first part for sure - I might be gone the last week... we will be back in van for a family wedding the first weekend of september.

thanks for writing a note to - i was wondering - i was hoping to see you on this trip - but my timing is not great i've been booked into meetings all over the lower mainland for most my trip... i'm still hoping for something but i'm not going to promise this time because it really is unsure...

i hope the rest of the school schedule goes well for you - i'm off to blow my nose AGAIN - something set me off at lunch today and i haven't been able to knock it... ARG!

the author said...

what was on the cover of the sun - i missed it...