Tuesday, January 15, 2008

tofu



Alright one more thing to share and then I'm hitting the hay. I made agedashi tofu at home. Sure, I'm lame because I photograph food, but I'm ok with being lame.

How do you make this? What is it? Well if you don't like tofu you might want to try this. I really like and I will state it here and now that I am not a tofu lover. I bought an extra firm piece of tofu and then pressed it between napkins. I put something heavy on top and all the extra water/soy liquid came out. Then I cut the tofu into cubes and rolled them in corn starch. Then they were placed gently into a nice hot fry. I used my frying pan, but I guess if you have a deep fryer you could probably use that too... Then you fry them until brown. I took mine out of the frying pan and let them drip any access oil onto some napkins. Then you can eat it with tempura sauce or oyster sauce. I dip mine in oyster sauce too.

MMMMMM!

Ok - now bed - night night.

No comments: