Monday, January 26, 2009

additions

So I've added two new widgets (gadgets) to my blog. On your right you'll see a hand reflexology widget and a foot reflexology widget. They are awesome. Last night I massaged both my hands and feet and it definitely made me calm down and relax.

I had my chiropractor appointment in PG today (thanks Amy). So that meant that Andy and I got a half day in PG with out kids... it is crazy - we spend half the time wondering what to do with ourselves and the other half of the time looking at kids stuff wondering if the kids would like it... silly.

The appointment was different. I haven't been to a chiropractor in YEARS! He told me that my left leg was 3/4 of an inch shorter which explains why my pants look funny. I had a lot of xray - apparently so the dr. could check he was doing the right stuff. He applied some (little) pressure to my neck and that was it. I actually had weird back pain this afternoon which caused my anxiety to turn on for a while, but after eating some food and calming down I was ok. Tonight I'm still struggling with some pain around my ear/jaw, but some of my other pain isn't there. I also feel like I'm getting closer and closer to what is plaguing me. Most of it appears to be stress related which I've really struggled to get my head around. I don't feel stressed out, but my body just wasn't sending the right messages to my brain to slow down - now I'm slowing down and hoping I can reverse the damage.

Ok - and since we had time to look around a little bit for us.. ok for me.. I got two new pairs of jeans and a skirt... all in a size 12 - which is about as fantastic as anything could be. I actually put on the first pair of jeans and had to take them off to make sure that the tag wasn't lying... cause I just didn't think they were going to fit - and they aren't even tight... So frickin' hip hip hooray for that.

4 comments:

Carmen said...

Yay for size 12! That is what I am in too... well, at some stores... others I am probably still a size 1 billion... their loss!!

the author said...

very true on the size thing - it definitely depends on the store... today I lucked out at both reitmans and winners.

what dawned on me today was that I might actually wear an outfit that was less than a double digit - that it really was possibly.

I'm glad to read about your wii fit - I've been interested in buying one but haven't really heard about anyone using it... so keep up the posts and the great work - congrats to you on the size 12... that's awesome.

The Jaded Bee said...

Congrats to both of you!

We have a Wii Fit too, and think it's great. I'm not using it as constantly as when we first got it, but it is a great workout. I do mostly balance and aerobic, and ignore the strength and yoga. I'd do that stuff without the Wii if I wanted to, but I don't, so I'm not going to with it either. The balance and the aerobic make it more entertaining to exercise. The kids love it too, even just to watch us do it.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am so glad you went to see my chiro! Keep with it, I am sure he will be able to help. Just pay attention to him when he says take it easy for three days. It really helps. Good for you on size 12. That is my goal size.