Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome to 2009

Hello everyone and happy new year!

Boys had a fun christmas... and we had our usual quiet new year's. We've spent the last two days moving into the room. It isn't finished but I've given in and really need to get it done before I go back to work next week. What isn't finished... well it could pretty much use a paint job - already - because every contractor that went in there left a mark on it - plus the insulation foam made a hell of a mess on the wall and that all needs to be cleaned. We also had to remove the drain pipe and that meant cutting a hole in the wall that needs to be patched, but I guess we will take care of that later - I'm just not planning on putting anything in front of the hole. I'll share some photos once we get the last of the stuff moved in... I'm looking forward to being in there and having the rest of our stuff cleaned up. I don't know how many times I've heard people say - gees you have a lot of stuff or someone in my family suggesting we have a garage sale - I guess people forget that we renovated a room that was just holding garage sale stuff and then we had christmas which left a few more boxes out...

We cleaned up the Christmas tree last night (I know... what the hell kind of New Years is that...) and I've got my village to put away tomorrow. Anyway - there is a short update. We hope everyone had a safe holiday season and that people are starting to recover from the variety of colds and flus that seemed to set back a few of us over the holidays.

Best wishes for an amazing 2009!

Oh yes - one more note - Jen commented on getting a carbon monoxide alarm and I think everyone should definitely get one. I initially put it off and put it off again - but am thankful that we did have one. They are a little expensive ($50+) but all of our lives are worth that much. In addition to the one natural gas leak (by chance detected during our alarm scare a few weeks ago) we had the installers come back again and found another natural gas leak on the newly installed hot water tank... and hopefully that is the last of the renovations for a while.

No comments: