Saturday, August 07, 2010

stupid oven smell

The oven continues to stink and so I decide it is time to read the operating manual from start to finish. Finally at the back - at the end of the troubleshooting section I find the following:

Problem:
"Burning" or "oily" odor emitting from the oven vent
(They missed the smoking part)

Possible Causes:
This is normal in a new oven and will disappear in time
(I assume that this means the headaches will also disappear)

What to do:
To speed the process, set a self clean cycle for a minimum (MINIMUM) of the three hours. See the using the self cleaning oven section.

Awesome...

So I'm hoping the banana bread that I chucked in there kills the disgusting smell and then doesn't taste like the disgusting smell...


In case you were wondering - here are some other interesting things about my new oven:
1) Never wear loose-fitting or hanging garments while using the appliance. Be careful when reaching for items stored over the range. Flammable material could be ignited if brought in contact with hot surface units or heating elements and may cause severe burns.

So I guess I need to move my hair spray and gasoline from the kitchen.

2) For your safety, never use your appliance for warming or heating the room.

(We use to do this when we were kids....)

3) Ovens can cause burns.

Usually it is me who causes burns the oven is just an innocent by standard - but I like the idea of blaming the stove.

1 comment:

the author said...

So the banana bread turned out fine... and didn't taste like the oven smelled and now after three uses it no longer smells. Hooray...