Sunday, December 05, 2010

weekend lowlights... (if that's a word)

Word to the wise... if you get ill from spiders, mold or nasty comments from me - stop reading here... please... 


Yes... this is me actually giving you a break in space to stop those with weak constitutions and opportunity to not view the items below - although if you want to see the photos of the kids being cute at the parade you are going to have scroll past these nasty photos... alright - so fine.. I'm hoping then that you simply closed the page down - rather than carried on reading... or whatever...














One of the local restaurants has started to incorporate penicillin into their orders.



Now this actually made me more antsy then the disgusting burger.. this is a box of decorations, direct from China - this is a spider - and yes - it is alive... because I totally poked it.  It didn't move far, but it made me think about our consumerism yet again and how that endless shopping can go wrong - terribly wrong... 

So, boys and girls, what did we learn this weekend...
1. that preparing meals at home is smarter than eating out
2. that you should really wash all the stuff that comes from china (on one of my recent field trips for work I met a person who regularly ships stuff overseas - they explained that everything - EVERYTHING - that comes over to Canada from China is fumigated and if it hasnt been fumigated it won't be let into the port... fumigated... I wonder if that is on the label)
3. that having cameras on cell phones is totally valuable! 

1 comment:

AmyQ said...

that is an unbelievable sandwich. I do and I don't want to know where that came from ;)