Saturday, May 05, 2012

do I look like a hooker...

Ambition got the best of me this afternoon - that plus a dash of boredom and a side of I really really really don't want to sit in the house today (ok and some inspiration - Ryan (trail runner blog on the side panel) is hitting a marathon run tomorrow and I thought while I'm in no condition for a marathon I could probably cut a quarter-thon this afternoon... - so I went off to do the river front trail - I ran/walked the first 5.2 km in 42 minutes and when I got back to the car I decided that I still had more energy and need for exercise and carried on - completing another lap (10.4 - woohoo - in 86 min -  Ryan will probably run the while marathon in that tomorrow... lol).

I get to the mid section of the trail and find a poor lady who has pretty rough road (river) rash - she fell in the river - climbed out - wet, cold, messy leg - so I lent her my phone so she could call for a ride - and then I carried on - she wasn't dying and didn't need 911 or anything like that... I get about 1 km from that point - clipping along - when out of the corner of my eye a notice truck pulling up beside me - initial thought - lord - I must look like phebi (feebee - Friends) running again - and someone is worried they let the 'special' people out for a run today and the truck is pulling up to cheer me on... ha... ok - now all jokes aside - I slow up wondering what is going on - and this old man has his window down and again my brain thinks - gees - maybe this old geezer needs help... well yes, he does... 'hey, do you need a ride?' - I say 'no, thanks' - seriously - I'm on the f-ing trail - blatantly - in my running gear - clipping along... he gives me this weird nod and then slowly goes away - crossing the street in front of me - and then all the training I hope my kids understand kicks in - and I run to the corner and get his license plate - because fear has now joined the run.  What if he loops back around the corner and tries to get you - I've put in more than 8km at this point and I'm not going to make much of a get away - especially against a truck - I text David the license plate - just in case - and carry on.  Freakin' creepy.  It bugs me the rest of the run - really bugs me.

I get back to the car and happen to see a cop - I ask if I should bother reporting it - she says yes - so I call it in - explain my little story and then go get tea.  I try to go for a drive and then don't want to ... so now I'm home - had a shower and am not sure what I'll do the rest of the night - while it is harmless - was harmless, it continues to bug me... rrrrrr (insert really loud angry pirate noises).  SIGH!  I don't want my running experiences to be tarnished by something like this - but it has. The worst is that it conjures up other things for me and that bugs me - really bugs me... and so I will sit here and ponder things and eventually - hopefully - feel compelled to make something to eat or at the very least - be compelled to go and by new drumsticks so I can play rock band.

I'll have more later - just wanted to vent here... blah.

xo

safe, sound and a little bit damaged - but really - what's new about that :)
love to you!

No comments: